Friday, January 1, 2010

Overnight Raspberry French Toast

I got this recipe from the new Best Of Bridge Bravo. I made it this morning and it was great. Because I did not have enough for thought to make it last night, I dipped the bread cubes in the liquid and then added them to the pan, this way I new they were absorbed; still worked really well

8 slices white Bread, cubed
1 package (8 oz) of cream cheese, cubed
1 c. fresh or frozen raspberries
1/2 c. sliced and toasted almonds
8 eggs
1/2 c. sugar (divided)
1 c. half and half (10%) cream
1 t. cinnamon

Grease a large 9 x 13 pan and scatter about 2/3’s of the bread on the bottom. Layer on evenly the raspberries, almonds and cream cheese and finish with the remainder of the bread.

In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, 1/2 of the sugar,cream and cinnamon and then carefully and evenly pour over the bread. Sprinkle the other half of sugar and a bit more cinnamon in the top.

Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.

When you’re ready to bake it, preheat the oven to 350 and bake, with the foil on, for about 30 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake for about another 30 minutes.

Serve with maple syrup.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My daughter made this morning for my birthday breakfast, it was soooo delicious. I highly recommend this recipe!